TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama track & field has added a pair of meets to its schedule for this Friday. The Crimson Tide is sending a contingent to the LSU Twilight in Baton Rouge, La., while another group is headed to Fayetteville Ark., for the Arkansas Qualifier.
- Natoya, Danielle Win at New Balance Indoor GP
- Elaine Thompson-Herah set for 60m dash in Torun
- Briana Williams runs 60m PB at New Balance GP
The group in Baton Rouge will compete Friday, starting at 10:30 a.m. CT with the women’s weight throw and finishing after the men’s shot put, which gets underway at 2 p.m. CT. The Fayetteville squad will also compete on Friday starting at 3:45 p.m. CT with the distance medley relay (DMR).
National Top-10 ahead of LSU Twilight
- Alabama heads into the final weekend ahead of the Southeastern Conference Indoor Championships with six performances ranked in the top-10 nationally
- Bobby Colantonio Jr. is ranked second in the nation in the men’s weight throw after posting a school-record 24.15 meters to open the season
- Mercy Chelangat ran school-record times in the women’s 3,000 meters (8:53.16) and 5,000 meters (15:34.82) to rank fourth and seventh nationally, respectively
- Eliud Kipsang is fourth in the men’s mile after posting a school-record 3:54.36 last weekend
- Isaac Odugbesan is fifth in the nation in the men’s shot put after a school-record mark of 20.59 meters earlier this month
- Emmanuel Ineh jumped 16.24 meters in the men’s triple jump to rank ninth in the nation
- After closing out the regular season this weekend, Alabama heads to the Southeastern Conference Indoor Championships Feb. 25-26 in College Station, Texas
LSU Twilight results will be at this link
Stay on track with the latest track and field happenings by following Trackalerts.com on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @trackalerts and YouTube trackalertsTV. Please send us a message on WhatsApp at 631-609-9166 or email us at email@example.com.