KINGSTON, Jamaica — The latest Carifta Games 2022 medal standings after two days of competition at the regional championships inside the National Stadium in Kingston, on Sunday, 17 April.
- Carifta Games Day 2 Final Results
- Top sprinters advance on 2nd day at Carifta Games
- Jamaica lead medal standing at Carifta Games 2022
Host country Jamaica continues to lead the medal standings after adding 21 more medals to its collection on the second day.
At the end of the Day 2 schedule on Sunday night, Jamaica tallied 54 medals in total, including 26 golds, 19 silvers and nine bronze —adding to the 33 medals the nation won on Saturday’s opening day.
The British Virgin Islands sits second in the standings with four gold medals, including two from the brilliance of sprints and jumps star Adaejah Hodge, who added the U17 long jump title to the 100m crown she won on Saturday. The nation has an overall total of five medals.
Trinidad and Tobago has 16 medals in total, which includes two golds, six silvers and eight bronze —but added only four medals to its tally on the second day after winning 12 on the first day.
Guyana with five medals —two golds and three silvers, and the Bahamas with 10 total medals (one gold, six silvers and three bronze) rounded out the top five teams in the standings.
At least 10 teams have so far won a gold medal at the Area U18 Championships —with Barbados, The Cayman Islands, Dominica, Antigua and Barbuda, and French Guiana each winning a title.
Carifta Games 2022 Medal Standings After Day 2
1. Jamaica 26 golds, 19 silvers, 9 bronze – – 54 medals
2. British Virgin Islands 4 golds, 1 bronze – – 5 medals
3. Trinidad and Tobago 2 golds, 6 silvers, 8 bronze – – 16 medals
4. Guyana 2 golds, 3 silvers – – 5 medals
5. Bahamas 1 gold, 6 silvers, 3 bronze – – 10 medals
6. Barbados 1 gold, 2 silvers, 3 bronze – – 6 medals
7. Cayman Islands 1 gold, 1 silver, 2 bronze – – 4 medals
8. Dominica 1 gold, 1 silver – -2 medals
9. Antigua and Barbuda 1 gold, 2 silvers – – 3 medals
10. French Guiana 1 gold – – 1 medal
Stay on track with the latest track and field happenings by following Trackalerts.com on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @trackalerts and YouTube trackalertsTV. Please send us a message on WhatsApp at 631-609-9166 or email us at email@example.com.