The below Top 10 T&F memories of 2014 are presented by EME News…
1) First human to run marathon under 2:03 hours.
2) Renaud Lavillenie breaking legendary Sergey Bubka (at his meet) record in the pole vault to 616 cm (improving in that competition by 8 cm).
3) Huge space between the jumper and the bar when Barshim cleared 243 in Brussels and Ukhov 242 at Praha Indoor meet.
4) Doping shocker from German Television. Doping problems in Kenya.
5) The best one evening sprint double 100/200 ever by Justin Gatlin.
|Gatlin became the world leader of 2014 in the 200 meters on 18 July, when he won his race in 19.68 seconds at the Diamond League event in Monaco|
6) Undefeated seasons for Adams, Ibarguen, Gatlin, Farah (track).
7) Start of presidential campaigns on the IAAF and European level.
8) No men senior individual outdoor World record in the stadium.
9) Top marks coming close to impossible past (Obiri 3000 m, Perkovic discus, Ibarguen triple, Fajdek hammer).
10) Richard Kilty from nowhere winning the 60 m World Indoor Gold, got selected because of Dasaolu injury.
More personal: Happy spectators and sponsors right after Ostrava Golden Spike was over. Usain Bolt debut in Poland with sub 10 under closed roof of Warszawa National Stadium. Ostrava getting Continental Cup 2018. Pavel Maslak clearly winning World Indoor Gold 2014.