A delegation from the French Federation of Athletics (FFA) comprising Bernard Amsalem (President), Jean Garcia (Head of Staff) and Ghani Yalouz (Head Coach) visited Jamaica from January 08 – 13, 2014 to sign a Memorandum Of Understanding (MOU) with the Jamaica Athletics Administrative Association (JAAA). The signing was of the agreement took place on Sunday, Janaury 12, 2014. JAAA's President Dr. Warren Blake and Secretary Garth Gayle represented the Jamaican body from the head table.
The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been specifically designed and approved by the FFA and the JAAA to promote and develop athletics in Jamaica over a minimum period of three (3) years with the following objectives:
· Developing exchanges between coaches and young athletes specified in the FFA project for the development of high performance in Guadelope, French Guyana and Martinique.
· Strethening education of coaches, competition officials and leaders.
· Sharing experience among coaches, competition officials and leaders.
· Welcomimg athletes in both countries before their participation to invitational meets.
· Participating in promotioanl events in both countries likeDecanation in France and Jamaica International Invitational Meetin Jamaica.
· Helping JAAA to improve the administrative and sports equipment.
· Helping JAAA to improve the federation income from French potential sponsors.
The MOU will remain in force until December 31, 2016.