It’s now official that track and field legend Usain Bolt has tested positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19).

Jamaica’s Health Minister Dr Christopher Tufton confirmed Bolt’s positive test on Monday.

Tufton told the media that Bolt “has been formally notified.”

Earlier in the day, Bolt had brushed aside reports published on Monday morning that he contracted COVID-19.

“Good morning everybody…just woke up, just like everybody else, checked social media and saw where it was saying that I am confirmed to have COVID-19.

“I did a test on Saturday to leave (the island) because I have work. I am trying to be responsible so I am going to stay in and stay away from my friends.

Also, I am having no symptoms, so I am going to quarantine myself and wait on the confirmation to see what is the protocol and how should I go about quarantining myself from the Ministry of Health.

“Until then, I will call my friends and tell them once they came in contact with me to be safe, quarantine and take it easy. Just to let people know, be safe out there,” Bolt said.

Bolt, in recent days, is coming under increasing pressure for hoisting a birthday celebration party.
Several high profiled sports stars and entertainers attended the event.

Prime Minister Andrew Holness said, “These matters are all being thoroughly investigated and the police will give a report on these matters in the near future”.


We want to hear from you, but before you do, HIT the share buttons below to share this and other stories with friends.
Join our lively discussion by leaving a comment below. Also, join OUR Message Boards (FORUM) for more discussions —- Please remember to follow us on social media – subscribe to our social media pages
 –
blankTrackalertstv blankTrackalerts blankTrackalerts blankTrackalerts

2 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here