The IOC has encouraged athletes to “continue to prepare for the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020”, and said it was continuing to follow advice from the World Health Organization.
“The IOC Executive Board heard a report on all the measures taken so far to address the coronavirus situation, which was followed by a comprehensive discussion,” the IOC statement said on Tuesday.
IOC Presidential spokesperson Mark Adams said possible options should the situation deteriorate had not been discussed.
“There is no international travel ban, and all the advice that we are getting is that the Games can and will go ahead,” Adams said.
“At this precise time, we are expecting the Games to begin on the 24th of July,” according to insidethegames.
We want to hear from you! Join our lively discussion by leaving a comment below. You can also email us at email@example.com. Also, please remember to follow us on social media – subscribe to our social media pages –
Trackalertstv Trackalerts Trackalerts Trackalerts