Nine Jamaicans will be in action at Tuesday’s (13 July) Gateshead Diamond League meeting in the UK. Rio 2016 Olympic Games sprint double champion and Omar McLeod, Olympics 110m hurdles champion, are the headliners.
US sprinter Trayvon Bromell, German javelin thrower Johannes Vetter and British heptathlete Katarina Johnson-Thompson are among the star athletes competing at what is the final meeting in the Diamond League series before the Tokyo Olympic Games.
The meeting will stage 14 Wanda Diamond League disciplines – the 200m, 400m, 1500m, 100m hurdles, 400m hurdles, pole vault and long jump for women, and the 100m, 800m, 3000m, 110m hurdles, high jump, triple jump and javelin for men.
Gateshead Diamond League Schedule in (JA time)
- 11:54 am – Men’s High Jump (Donald Thomas, Fabian Delryd)
- 1:03 pm – Women’s 400m hurdles (Janieve Russell, Shamier Little, Femke Bol, Ashley Spencer)
- 1:16 pm – Women’s 200m – (Elaine Thompson-Herah, Natasha Morrison, Blessing Okagbare, Tamara Clark,)
- 1:22 pm – Men’s Javelin throw (Johannes Vetter, Keshorn Walcott, Anderson Peters)
- 1:25 pm – Men’s 100m – (Trayvon Bromell, Andre De Grasse, Fred Kerley, Zharnel Hughes, Mike Rodgers)
- 1:36 pm – Women’s Long Jump – (Malaika Mihambo, Katarina Johnson-Thompson, Khaddi Sagnia )
- 1:38 pm – Men’s 110m hurdles (Omar McLeod, Ronald Levy, Rasheed Broadbell, Andrew Pozzi)
- 1:47 pm – Women’s 100m hurdles (Britany Anderson, Danielle Williams, Cindy Sember, Payton Chadwick)
- 1:55pm – Men’s 800m
- 2:04 pm – Women’s mile
- 2:15 pm – Women’s 400m – (Stephenie-Ann McPherson, Nicole Yeargin, Sada Williams, Natalia Kaczmarek)
- 2:27 pm – Men’s 4x100m
- 2:36 pm – Women’s 4x100m
- 2:48 pm – Men’s 3,000m