Multiple Olympic winner and medalist Sifan Hassan is entered in 3 events for the Championships Oregon22. Like at Olympic Games, in the 1500m, 5,000m and 10,000m. Another medal contender here is Francine Niyonsaba from Burundi for 5,000m and 10,000m and interestingly return to World championships in the 5,000m for Caster Semenya.
- World Athletics clears 18 more Russians, but…
- T&T finally get Beijing 2008 gold medal
- Who’s In: Final entry lists for Oregon22
China has entered 30 women (including a 4x100m team), with top walkers Liu Hong as title defender for 20km and Shijie Qieyang for 35km. Also in the group are both top javelin throwers Liu Shiying and Lyu Huihui (but no significant results this year). Also entered are both pole vaulters Niu Chunge and Xu Huiqin who had difficulties getting entry from France to the USA. On the men’s side, 23 names, with best sprinter Su Bingtian (no known result in 2022), a 4x100m team and strong walking teams for both events with headliner Zhang Jun for 20km and He Xianghong as the leader at 35 km.
- One of the 400m hurdles top contenders, Abderrahmane Samba from Qatar, is not entered. On the other hand, the entry list has 400m World record holder Wayde Van Niekerk.
Olympic 400m winner Shaunae Miller-Uibo is entered in both 200m and 400m with 4x400m relay for the Bahamas.
- Hungary is sending to Worlds only hammer thrower Bence Halasz and heptathlete Xenia Kriszan. The majority of top athletes are getting ready for European Championships.
Top Dominican Republic sprinters will go in different events. Alexander Ogando in the 200m and Lidio Feliz in the 400m. Both athletes, coached by Felix Sanchez, will be part of 4x400m men and mixed teams.
- The first time for Kazakhstan at World Championships will be competing the runners originally from Kenya. DL winner Norah Jeruto and Daisy Jepkemei in the steeple and Caroline Kipkirui for 5,000m and 10,000m.
Five Canadian athletes received a late invitation by World Athletics, and the team now has 59 total athletes: 34 women and 25 men. Five added are Cameron Proceviat in the 1500m, Grace Fetherstonhaugh in the steeple, Gracelyn Larkin in 5,000m, Catherine Léger in the 200m and Anicka Newell for pole vault.
Please help us get to 50,000 subscribers on YouTube by visiting TrackalertsTV at this link to subscribe, like and share our stories … Also follow us and like our social media pages – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @trackalerts. Please send us a message on WhatsApp at 631-609-9166 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.