(MIRAMAR, FLORIDA – April 5) World 200-meter champion, Shericka Jackson, is set to participate in the Miramar Invitational at the Ansin Sports Complex on Saturday, April 8th.
Jackson, who has already run three 400m races this season, aims to improve on her season’s best time of 50.92 seconds achieved at the Velocity Fest 12 meet last March 25th. ALSO READ: Asafa Powell, Proud Parent and Sprinter, Takes Part in Children’s Sports Day in Kingston
Jackson will face stiff competition from three other female athletes in the field who have lifetime bests of under 50 seconds. Fellow Jamaican and 2013 world bronze medalist, Stephenie Ann McPherson, and world silver medalist in the 4x400m relay, Charokee Young are among her opponents. American 400m hurdles star, Shamier Little, the 2015 World Championships silver medalist over the barriers, will also compete.
The field also includes Janieve Russell, the 400m hurdles Commonwealth Games champion from Jamaica, Aiyanna Stiverne from Canada, and USA’s Kaylin Whitney and Aliyah Adams.
The women’s 400m dash is set to begin at 1:17 p.m. ET on Saturday. World-Track will provide event previews and updates in the coming days.
Start list for the women’s 400m:
- Stephenie Ann McPherson (Jamaica) – PB: 49.34
- Janieve Russell (Jamaica) – PB: 51.17, SB: 52.77
- Shamier Little (United States) – PB: 49.91
- Aliyah Adams (United States)
- Shericka Jackson (Jamaica) – PB: 49.47, SB: 50.92
- Kaylin Whitney (United States) – PB: 50.29
- Charokee Young (Jamaica) – PB: 49.87, SB: 51.31
- Aiyanna Stiverne (Canada) – PB: 51.21, SB: 52.77
3 thoughts on “Shericka Jackson to Compete in Women’s 400m at Miramar Invitational”
This is serious
Wow! That’s awesome! Shericka keep up the amazing work
I love that she is extending her quarter work this far. 🇯🇲🎁