SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico – Usain Bolt and Elaine Thompson were chosen as the NACAC Male and Female Athletes of the Year.
Noah Lyles and Sydney McLaughlin clinched the Junior Athletes of the Year titles.
The finalists were chosen from a list of nominees (see below) submitted by sports journalists from the NACAC Area. The nomination and selection panels included journalists, former athletes and a statistician. The winners were selected by a three-member panel: Javier Clavelo (CUB), Ato Boldon (TTO), Rey O’Neal (BVI)
It was coordinated by the NACAC Media Commission.
2016 NACAC Athletes of the Year – Nominations
Names are listed in alphabetical order
1. Usain Bolt – JAM (100, 200, 4x100m)
2. Ashton Eaton – USA (Decathlon, Heptathlon)
3. Omar McLeod – JAM (110mH, 60mH)
1. Kendra Harrison – USA (100mH)
2. Shaunae Miller – BAH (400m)
3. Elaine Thompson – JAM (100, 200, 4x100m)
1. Jaheel Hyde – JAM (400mH)
2. Noah Lyles – USA (100, 200, 4x100m)
3. Lazaro Martinez – CUB (Triple Jump)
4. Michael Norman – USA (200, 4x100m)
1. Yanis David – GUADELOUPE (Long Jump, Triple Jump)
2. Candace Hill – USA (100, 200, 4x100m)
3. Tiffany James – JAM (400, 4x400m)
4. Sydney McLaughlin – USA (400, 400mH)